Finally, week-end has come! I don’t know how’s the weather on your side, but here in Paris, it was sunny. Today is one of those days you spend the afternoon out and when you get back, you are happy inside with a nice cup of tea. Here is a recipe for some little cakes which will perfectly match your hot beverage!
- 130g butter
- 2 eggs
- 40g milk
- 80g sugar
- 130g flour
- 10g baking powder
- vanilla extract
! you need special molds
- Preheat the oven to 180°F
- Melt the butter and set aside
- Mix the eggs and milk together
- Add the sugar, the flour, the baking powder and 2tsp of vanilla extract and mix together
- Add the melted butter and mix gently
- Grease the molds, fill them up to 3/4
- Put it in the fridge for 5 minutes (if you step theism you won’t get the cute little bump)
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Let them cool on a rack
I bought mini-molds. It’s cuter and you make so much more.
When I baked half of the batter, I added two tbsp of matcha tea and mixed. Green-tea flavored madeleines are pretty awesome, you should try. Especially if you bought one kg of matcha tea and you have no clue what to do with it.