Eat wise, eat seasonably.
Why eat in season (and local!) ?
- This way, you contribute in reducing the energy to grow and transport the food.
- Eating according to nature’s cycle is tastier. And cheaper!
Here is the seasonal fruit and vegetable calendar.
(Mars, April, May)
- Apricot, pineapple, avocado, banana, cherry, strawberry, raspberry, kiwi, mango, apple, rhubarb…
- Artichoke, asparagus, eggplant, brocoli, chard, carrot, cucumber, spinach, fennel, broad bean, lettuce, turnip, onion, parsley, leak, peas, bell pepper, radish, morchella, rucola, tomato…
(June, July, August)
- Apricot, almond, nectarine, blackcurrant, cherry, fig, strawberry, raspberry, redcurrant, melon, blackberry, peach, watermelon, pear, plum, grape…
- Garlic, artichoke, eggplant, chard, brocoli, carrot, celery, cauliflower, cucumber, zucchini, shallot, spinach, fennel, green bean, chanterelle, lettuce, corn, onion, parsley, green peas, leak, bell pepper, rucola, tomato…
(September, October, November)
- Cranberry, chestnut, clementine, date, fig, passion fruit, guava, pomegranate, kaki, mandarin orange, hazelnut, walnut, pear, apple, plum, grape…
- Garlic, artichoke, eggplant, chard, broccoli, carrot, celeriac, mushrooms, chicory, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, squash, fennel, lettuce, corn salad, onion, green peas, bell peper, pumpkin, tomato, chanterelle, Jerusalem artichoke, pleurotus, trumpet of death…
(December, January, February)
- Pineapple, chestnut, lemon, clementine, passion fruit, pomegranate, kiwi, lychee, mango, walnut, orange, grapefruit, papaya, pear, apple…
- Beetroot, chard, cardoon, carrot, celeriac, common mushroom, chanterelle, chicory, Brussels sprout, cabbage, squash, spinach, fennel, corn salad, turnip, sweet potato, green peas, leak, Jerusalem artichoke, truffle…